This translation is provided for informational purposes only. In case of discrepancies, the German text is valid.
The operator of the Grand Hotel Imperial is Fidelity Italia Srl
Please read this information regarding the privacy carefully, the following points are explained in more detail:
- The type of personal data we collect stating the purpose
- The transfer of data within our hotel group
- The possibility to request, modify or anonymize your personal data.
These instructions are formulated as understandably as possible. If you have questions about individual points or if you do not fully understand the phrasing you are using, you are welcome to contact us.
Personal information that is collected
If you are interested in our hotels (including surfing our website) or booking directly with us, you may provide us with the following information:
- Your personal details, such as your address, e-mail address, telephone number and date of birth.
- The personal details of your fellow travelers
- Payment data (eg credit card data, account information, billing address)
- Your requested / booked services
- travel preferences
- Information about your surfing behavior on homepage
- Information about when you click on any of our advertisements, including those that appear elsewhere on the Internet
- Information about the way you visit our website, including operating system, IP address, online identification and browser details
- Necessary medical data as well as any special requirements
- Your preferences regarding accommodation.
- Your questions / comments / wishes in connection with your hotel stay.
Other sources of personal data
We may use personal information from other sources, including companies providing information and data, trading partners and public registers.
When you log in with your social networking credentials to connect to our platforms and online services such as Facebook, Google+ or Twitter, you agree to share your user information with us. For example, your name, your e-mail address, your date of birth, your location and other information that you would like to share with us.
Personal data about fellow travelers
We use personally identifiable information you provide about others traveling with you or planning to do so.
By submitting personally identifiable information to others, you warrant that they are in agreement and that you may submit the information. Also, if necessary, you should ensure that these people know how their personal information is used by us
Use of your personal information
We use your personal information in various ways, as explained below, but always for the purposes of our business relationship, while respecting your rights.
- To provide information that you request
- To manage your booking, provide you with the products and services you want, and help you with your booking and any refunds you may require.
- To manage and improve our products, services and day-to-day operations
- To manage and improve our hotels, websites and other services.
- To protect your personal information and to detect and prevent fraud, other crimes and the misuse of services. This helps us to ensure that you can safely use our services.
- To respond to security incidents, disruptions or other similar occurrences. This can also be medical or insurance related.
- To conduct market research and internal development and to develop and improve our product range, services, shops and IT systems, security, know-how and the methods of our communication with you.
- To contact and interact with you
- To serve you as a guest even better. If you contact us (eg by e-mail, post, by phone, via social media or messenger services) we may use personal data in order to process your request as quickly as possible.
We do not sell your personal data to third parties.
Various marketing measures with your consent
From time to time we would like to send you offers and news about our services in different ways (eg by e-mail, by messenger or by phone)
We will only send you information about products and services of other companies if you are directly related to our services. For this we need your consent, this we will always in writing in the hotel or online via the so-called "double opt-in" procedure.
You can revoke your granted consent at any time in whole or in part, you use the link in our newsletter or write us an email to the respective hotel or headquarters (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You may miss out on offers that we only make available to a special group of guests through your cancellation, service-related communication (booking confirmations or similar) are not affected.
We want to ensure that marketing communications (including online advertising) related to our products and services are tailored to your interests.
In order to do so, we use the personally identifiable information you provide to better understand your interests so that we can try to predict which other products, services and information you might be most interested in.
Cookies and website analysis
Improve the operation and performance of our websites:
- Cookies allow us to evaluate and improve the way our websites work so that we can personalize your experience and enable you to enjoy many of the useful features.
- For example, cookies help us keep track of which page you are visiting as you move through each stage of the booking process; they help us to adjust your preferences such as:For example, remember last searches or listed vacation days and the contents of your online shopping cart.
- Cookies can help us to understand how our websites and mobile apps are used, for example, by telling us if you receive any error messages when using the page so that we can then test various features of our website and mobile apps.
- Website analytics, including Google Analytics, provide information about the number of visitors to our website which areas of our site are particularly popular
- These cookies ultimately help us to improve your visit to our website.
Provide relevant online advertising:
- These cookies may collect information about your online behavior, such as: For example, your IP address, the website from which you came to ours, as well as information about your order history or the contents of your shopping cart. This means that you can see our advertising on our websites and on other companies' websites.
- To help us provide only relevant online advertising, we also link data that we collect through cookies in your device's browser to other data we collect.
Measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications including online advertising
You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new cookies and delete existing cookies. You can also set your browser to notify you each time new cookies are stored on your computer or other device.
If you choose to disable some or all cookies, you may not be able to make full use of our websites or mobile apps.
We continue to use Google Analytics to analyze data from Double-Click and AdWords for statistical purposes. If you do not want to do this, you can disable it through the Ads Preferences Manager ( http://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/?hl=en ).
For more information about privacy related to Google Analytics, see the Google Analytics Help Center ( https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en ).
Sharing of data relevant to privacy with external service providers
We work with carefully selected providers who perform specific functions for you directly or us. For example, with companies that help us with IT services, data storage and linking, marketing, market research, payment processing, and the provision of products and services.
We may need to share personal information in order to safeguard or defend our legal rights; This includes the transfer of personal data to third parties, for example to prevent fraud and to reduce payment default risks.
When we share personally identifiable information with other organizations, we require them to keep the information secure and they may not use your personal information for their own marketing purposes.
We only share the minimum of personal information that enables our partners to provide their services to you and us.
Sharing of personal information with government agencies
As far as it is required by law to pass on your personal data (obligation to register), we will comply with this duty to enable you a carefree holiday experience.
We may share the necessary minimum of personal information with other authorities if the law requires us to do so or if we are legally permitted to do so.
Sharing of personal information within Fidelity Hotels & Resorts
We may also share personal information with other companies to whom we sell (or enter into negotiations) our services or our rights and obligations under a contractual agreement with you. If such transfer or sale occurs, the company receiving your personal information may use your information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Protection of your personal data
As mentioned in the beginning, we are committed to protecting your data in the best possible way. We take appropriate security measures to help protect your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The personal data that we collect from you may also be transmitted to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). They may also be processed by companies operating outside the EEA who work for us or one of our suppliers. We take appropriate precautions to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected and that it is treated in accordance with this Privacy Notice. These protections include, but are not limited to, contractual clauses, such as standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, as well as appropriate security measures.
Storage of data
Links to other websites
Integration of social media
Our websites may contain features (plugins) of social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Pinterest, which have their own privacy notices.
If you do not want social networks to collect data about you through active plugins, you can choose to block third-party cookies in your browser settings. Then the browser does not send cookies to the server for embedded content from other providers. With this setting, however, other cross-page features may not work, except for plug-ins.
Access and updating of your personal data
You have the right to request information about the personal data that we store about you. Please note that proof of identity is required.
We want to make sure that the personal information we store about you is accurate and up-to-date. If any of the information we hold about you is false, please let us know.
You can also have your personal data corrected or deleted. For this purpose, a short written information with proof of your identity. We will update or delete your information unless we have to keep it for legitimate business or legal purposes.
You can also contact us if you would like to complain about how we collect, store and use your personal information. It is our goal to provide the best possible solution to your complaints. However, if you are not satisfied with our answer, you can also contact the local data protection authority.
Legal basis for the processing of personal data
We use the information we hold with you only with your consent or to initiate and implement a business relationship.
If we need to process special categories of personal information, such as medical health records, we will do so only if one or more additional requirements apply: we have their explicit consent; it is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another person and you are physically or legally unable to give consent; it is necessary to substantiate, assert or defend legal claims; it is necessary for reasons of considerable public interest.
This Privacy Notice supersedes all previous versions. We may change the notice at any time, so please check it regularly on our website for any updates.
Last update: May 2018